New List: bugtrack@dieboldes.com

I have created a new list:  bugtrack@dieboldes.comThis list is for reporting and tracking test results and bugs for our software products.  In short, if you find a bug in our software, report it to this list.  We created this list to make sure that bug reports are not lost in the general discussion and questions posted to support@dieboldes.com

Everyone who is subscribed to the support list has been automatically subscribed to the bugtrack list.  Not everyone on the support list will necessarily be interested in the traffic on the new list however.  We will still continue to announce all fixes for our software in the release notes on the announce list, so you won't miss anything unless you are responsible for testing and support.  Use majordomo to unsubscribe from the list if you like.

We have discouraged people from posting databases to the support list since it would be a waste of time and space to download customer databases to everyone.  Only a very few people (usually one) will be responsible for some customer's database.  We will maintain this policy for the support list.  However, in keeping with the credo that a picture is worth a thousand words, I am going to allow example database dumps that demonstrate a bug to be attached to bug reports on the bugtrack list.  These should be minimal databases that reproduce a given bug, not copies of customer databases with full precinct tables, graphics in the rich text, etc.  I am thinking an order of 5-25kbytes here.  People who post King or Pima databases to the list will be summarily executed.

Ken