Sprint Cell phone update

I am sending this to everyone to give you a heads up on the Sprint cell phone network.  After spending a good deal of time on the phone with a representative discussing cell coverage and sometimes lack thereof, it became evident that before I was going to make any progress, I needed to upgrade the software in my phone.

Coming from a software background, I should have known that the first level of support will tell me that no problem can be resolved until I have the latest version of software.  (Sound familiar).  Not only do I have to update my software but also my PRL (Phone Roaming List).  Considering that I have not done this in 2 years I have approximately 20 towers somewhere within the Sprint network that my phone does not recognize.

I am sending this to everyone so that you too are aware that periodically you should update your Sprint PCS software & PRL’s.  I am told that it takes less than 10 minutes at any Sprint dealer.

I have heard many of the horror stories about coverage and messaging problems, and have encountered quite a few myself.  I will be upgrading my phone to see if I can recognize any improvement.  I encourage each of you to do the same.  I plan to do this every quarter.

Larry J. Dix

Global Election Systems

(972)-542-6000