Resignation

Title:

To: Global Election Systems
From: Brian Clubb
RE: Resignation

For the past three years I have worked for Spectrum then Global. Over that time I have become increasingly concerned about the apparent lack of concern over the practice of writing contracts to provide products and services which do not exist and then attempting to build these items on an unreasonable timetable with no written plan, little to no time for testing, and minimal resources. It also seems to be an accepted practice to exaggerate our progress and functionality to our customers and ourselves then make excuses at delivery time when these products and services do not meet expectations. The pressure to meet these deadlines and deal with repeated calls from sales staff and customers trying to ascertain actual progress versus exaggerated reports has become intolerable. The resulting stress has had a very negative effect on me both mentally and physically.

As internal politics and mismanagement continue to divert attention and resources away from these issues, the problems become further and further entrenched.  Since the acquisition of Spectrum by Global, none of the personal or workplace benefits which the employees of Spectrum were promised have yet been realized.

This, in addition to the above issues, leads me to conclude that management is not concerned for the employees. Either they do not value the contributions of the employees, or are incapable of fulfilling these promises.  Thus, seeing no end to this troubling situation, I find no other option but to end my employment with the company effective immediately.

Signed,
Brian Clubb

(Signed and submitted via fax to HR 10/5/2001)