FW: NewsBytes

Title: Message
FYI -  Internal communication - Third quarter results were very encouraging.

  Quarterly Boldly Speaking Web cast - Q&A with Greg Geswein

Third Quarter Earnings News

Wireless Technology and Other Innovations

Following Diebold Stock: What Happened Last Week

Upcoming Diebold Tradeshows

    Quarterly Boldly Speaking Web cast - Q&A with Greg Geswein
Do you have questions regarding our third quarter earnings announcement or other Diebold financial matters?  For our third quarter Web cast, Greg Geswein, chief financial officer, will briefly review Diebold's performance and respond to your questions.

Please e-mail your questions to Anita Wright (wrighta@diebold.com) before the end of the day on Wednesday, October 30.  We look forward to your participation.

Third Quarter Earnings News
Diebold's record third quarter revenue and earnings were covered in the October 24 editions of The Canton Repository, The Akron Beacon Journal, The Cleveland Plain Dealer and Wall Street Journal online.  A replay of the third quarter conference call is available from our Web site at www.diebold.com.  During the conference call Wally O'Dell said, "I remain optimistic about our ability to continue to capture market share and grow our business, producing sustainable superior performance and creating shareholder value."

Update on Breakfast Session with Wally O'Dell

Wally recently spent time with a group of associates reviewing our recent performance and responding to their questions about current issues and opportunities.  For more information, please review the notes from Wally's breakfast session at  http://doc2.diebold.com/ficcascnby/Breakfast session.htm.

Wireless Technology and Other Innovations
The October issue of America's Community Banker mentions Diebold in two articles about ATM advertising, wireless ATMs and the Check Truncation Act.  Due to Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) proposals, ATMs may be required to be speech-enabled.  This potential mandate, along with the new triple DES standards, will require ATMs to be far more powerful.  However, the upgraded machines could broaden the range of possibilities for the ATM.  Cassie Metzger, senior marketing manager, global marketing, is quoted.

Following Diebold Stock: What Happened Last Week
Shares of Diebold Inc. (DBD) outpaced the broader markets to finish the week ending October 25 higher, marking its third straight week of advances.  Monday's trading showed heavy volume, moving nearly 300,000 shares of both buying and selling and trading large blocks amid a 5% drive higher on the day.  Tuesday showed light volume, with only one notable institutional activity for the day.  Wednesday's trading volume remained light as DBD released third quarter earnings figures. DBD traded closely with the overall market throughout the day.  NCR Corp. (NCR) released its third quarter figures that showed disappointing results across all of its businesses; NCR fell $1.21 on heavy volume for the day and lost nearly 9% on the week after facing a round of downgrades from brokers Morgan Stanley, Lazard, and Robert W. Baird on Friday morning.  Friday saw continued light trading in DBD with some small blocks totaling 40,000 shares.

Peers Weekly Change with Volume

Peers:

Ticker

Close