RE: GEMS 1.11.2 preference voting errors

  • Ballots are returned with a blank ballot return message if the preference race is not marked.  Isn't the preference race optional?
 Do you mean blank ballot or blank race?  How are the other races voted?  If the ballot really is blank, then is should be rejected as blank.  I'll try to reproduce this.
Okay, it looks like you mean blank race.   Guy, please take a look at this.  Preference and straight party races are not rejected as blank even if reject blank races is selected.

One last follow up on this.   It appears as though the preference races are not optional.  Only blank straight party and recall races are accepted even when rejecting blank races.  I don't know if that is "right" or "wrong", but its how it has always behaved.

Ken