Re: Testing with the following :Reports 1-13-5, GEMS 1-13-5, & AVTS 3-10-14 in Gastonia

----- Original Message -----
From: Juan A. Rivera <VideoViper@email.msn.com>
To: <bugtrack@dieboldes.com>
Sent: Monday, October 25, 1999 3:44 PM
Subject: Testing with the following :Reports 1-13-5, GEMS 1-13-5, & AVTS
3-10-14 in Gastonia

> Enclosed you will find three ballot station disks, (950-00, 950-01,
950-02)
> actual copies of Early voting machines. 00 and 01 were made first and then
> set for election. This prompted the fix to not to care for version.  02
was
> created last since 01 had crashed when challenge votes were mixed with non
> challenged votes.  01 was fixed with new ballot station software.
>
> Trying to upload all three copies to Gems 1.13.5 using new 3-10-14 poll
book
> we get the following messages;
>
> 00 and 01 loads ok then 02 gives us an " Invalid File Header-election.brs"

This error occures because the disk 950-02 has a different DLVersion.  I
will make a release of the PollBook software that does not check the
DLVersion BUT please be careful that the database has not been changed.

> since we could not load 02 we then tried to upload just 00 and 01 then we
> got the following error;
>
> "error sending VC 104 MC 116
> Wrong Download Version
> Continue with rest of upload?"

Again this is the expected error message when download versions do not
match.  Again I will make a release of the GEMS Software that does not check
the DLVersion.

> After saying yes it said Transfer complete but did not actually send
> anything to the host.

This is the correct message. We allow you to skip over batches that fail to
upload.

Tab