Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2000 2:39 PM
Subject: Re: Modem Upload Problems

This process occurs when the AccuVote is not turned off after the modem upload.  It will cease if the AccuVote is turned off.  So your pollworker instructions need to emphasize turning of AccuVote after modem upload.  Or you need to reset the modem.  This was experience from Marin.  Steve
No, the problem we are seeing is worse than this.  It happens sometimes even if the AccuVote is turned off.
  I'm wondering if Charlie found out any more about the site where this is happening?  It seemed like the host modem was getting the calling mode carrier even when the calling modem, i.e. the Accu-Vote, had hung up.  Anyone heard any more?

              Guy