Re: Report Failure Error on 1.94w

What is PC 1.94w AE specifically.What does AE stand for and is this the firmware we have currently certified in Fl. And GA?
  From the release notes:
  • (AE PC Rel 1.94w 128K) Precinct Counter American English Release 1.94w with checksum A:CD4A(128K) dated 99-3-14.
  • (AE PC Rel 1.94w) Precinct Counter American English Release 1.94w with checksums A:2163(64K) and B:EB2B(64K) dated 99-3-14.
  • (CF PC Rel 1.94w) Precinct Counter Canadian French Release 1.94w with checksums A:1510(64K) and B:2095(64K) dated 99-6-21.
I don't know what's certified where.  Anyone?

They had not experienced this problem before changing the AccuVotes in their accounts to 1.94w.  The common factor, in Bill Vanderburg's opinion, seems to be the PC 1.94w AE firmware.
  And it's an opinion that's been popular with most every release that we've ever put out.  Unfortunately it's not particularly helpful.  The key is in the details.  What firmware did they use previously?  What problem did they not experience before?  For example, Accu-Basic first appeared in 1.92 and there are still people upgrading from 1.71 ROMs so they certainly wouldn't have experienced REPORT FAILURE errors before.

  Keep in mind that random errors will occur in direct proportion to the amount of use.  That's why we seem to get a rash of problems every election season.  If we could run thousands of hours of internal testing then we could accumulate the statistical data needed to combat these problems.  We can't afford that so we are looking in to ways to get the memory card to tell us more about "what happened".

  In the meantime, I'm interested in collecting facts.  If you can get answers to the questions that I posted, I would be interested in hearing them.

             Guy