Ken

From: owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 1999 10:11 AM

Tyler was having trouble with his rich text (races and headers) being cut off on his ballot artwork.  Most of the text would appear, but the last few lines would be missing.  I have seen this before with very tall races (four column ballots with huge race text).  The work-around has always been to split up the text and create a header above the race, but in Tyler's case the text was getting cut-off for even for races less than two inches tall.

I have found in the past that changing the resolution of the monitor effects where tall rich text was cut off.  Ty was running at 1280x1024.  We he dropped the screen resolution to 1024x768 or 800x600, the text was layed out and drawn correctly.  Bumping the resolution up to 1600x1200 made the truncation worse.

Until this bug is fixed, users are advised to keep their screen resolutions to 1024x768 or worse, and to keep an eye out for text that is cut-off.  This problem has existed since GEMS' inception, so there is no need to panic.  I expect the problem will become more visible as 21" monitors and hi-res video cards become the norm, however, so be aware.

Ken