Smart Cards & New Table Top Card Readers

I am doing training here in the City of Barrie, Canada, and I have encountered with the new table top card readers sent here, that they cannot read some of the different smart cards that we have.  So far I have only been able to get the square smart card with the shape of an L able to read.  Once I am able to get into the Poll Book software with this card, I can create voter cards with any of the other cards that I have, and they work fine in the AVTS units.  Is there anyone else that has encountered these problems???

Jeff Hintz
Global Election Systems