RE: no room for vot pos in 1-14-13 - cal size says 79k

See attached.

Ken

From: Tari Runyan [mailto:trglobal@earthlink.net]
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2000 10:25 AM
To: Ken Clark
Cc: Bugs
Subject: no room for vot pos in 1-14-13 - cal size says 79k

attached is db -  I went to download absentee VC  - gems says it is 79K in the calculate size button -  so it should fit on a 128 k card -  but it doesn't -  get N o room for Votpos --  can you take a look and see if I set it up wrong or am not seeing something ?
thank you
Tari Runyan
Global Election Systems, Inc
trglobal@earthlink.net
303-428-5011 voice
303-428-5022 fax
303-520-0710 cell

Some closure on this.  The amount of data for this memory card really is 70k, but the AccuVote is hitting that stone age 64k limit one one of its internal tables -- namely the voting position table.  You can probably see something similar if you have enough precincts with few races/candidates.  So, in short, you can't trust what calc size tells you under some esoteric circumstances.  Call it a bug or limitation (myself the former), but it unfortunately can't be fixed without raising some AccuVote memory card compatibility issues.

Ken