RE: BallotStationCE-4-1-0-2 Count Test voted VIBS voter card

From: owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Nel Finberg
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 6:01 PM

There is no such thing as a "voted VIBS voter card".  That concept does not make sense

What I meant was a voter card that had been used to vote, and had not been re-programmed.

I followed you the first time.
Can't the audio message be played only if the headphones are plugged in - can this be detected?

No, the hardware does not support this.  Yes that's lame.
If not, the message indicating that the ballot has already been cast may be displayed visually, in English.

From my previous response:  Voted cards will be rejected as [per] usual, without playing audio.
What is the chance that a blind, non-English speaking voter will attempt to cast a ballot twice?

A blind hispanic voter walks into a poll and sez to the pollworker...

Ken