From: owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 12:20 PM
To: bugtrack@dieboldes.com
Subject: RE: BS4-1-1-0 Vibs dialog enunciating wrong canidate names

From: owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Jeff Hallmark
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2001 7:35 AM

        Suggestion, issue a confirmation that a  keyboard interrupt has occurred, ""beep"System playback interrupted" or ""beep"Message playback interrupted"
        or ""beeep" "6" key pressed"
        Followed by "NEW ACTION" in this case "The next candidate is "NAME"".
        This additional verbiage would only be necessary for interrupted system playback of secondary informative messages.

Yes, this is the solution here.

Two things to point out though.  First, we are always interrupting playback when a key is pressed:  the system plays in a loop.  Second, there is always a "secondary informative message" in response to a key press.  That's the core design of the interface.  So whatever we play has to be very short and sweet, or it will be tedious.  Playing "message playback interrupted" every time the user hits a key is going to get tired real fast.

Ken