RE: GEMS 1-17-5 CC not Stopping on Writeins

Title:
From: owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ian S. Piper
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2001 12:37 PM

I believe what Tari is trying to say is "if you set the AccuVote to use a feeder, it will stop on write-ins."

Yep, but then it won't reject overvotes etc.

This is do-able.  The AccuVote doesn't have any feedback that a feeder is on top of it or not.

Unfortunate design, isn't it.

All the AccuVote wants is a ballot to be fed into the reader.

Sure, stick a ballot in its reader and you think it is happy.  The AccuVote wants love and attention, and to be told that we care about its feelings every once in a while.

The central count firmware is already able to stop on write-ins when in the feeder mode.

In feeder mode, but not outside feeder mode.  Hence the bug fix.

I believe there needs to be a flag set in GEMS to accommodate that feature.

You believe correctly.

Ken