Re: VIBS with Spyrus on non-Vibs R4

----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Clark
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 1:36 PM
Subject: RE: VIBS with Spyrus on non-Vibs R4

From: owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Greg Forsythe
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 10:36 AM

BSNT-4-1-2 non VIBS R4, GEMS-1-18-4-1, CM-0-2-10
Election mode
Select asterisk on Spyrus to create VIBS card.
Caution appears when voter card has been read.

What is the caution?
The following error has been detected:
Error initializing VGroup Select Dlg
Failed to find data

OK
Touch OK and election screen with flag appears.
Insert a non VIBS voter card.
Instructions and following screens are magnified voter card after voter card.
The only way back to a regular screen is the three fingered salute, re-boot, (I tried WD-40 and it didn't fix it).

Can you reproduce all this?  Tried two different Spyrus with same results.

Please send me the .gbf file for your database directly. Attached Is this a VIBS database, or not?  The database I have is not, however Cathi's comments
As you are probably aware, there are two cities hosting the TS demo
elections.  Here are the databases being used for the GA elections.
However, as indicated below, they have been sent to the Omaha office for
VIBS modification.  After the databases were pretty much already done, the
SOS in GA decided they wanted the vendors to provide a VIBS unit in each
city.  I don't have the equipment to do this so that is why the DB's were
sent to Omaha.
Question:  Will a voter card programmed VIBS with a Spyrus inserted into a non VIBS R6 cause the same condition?

There is no such thing as a "non VIBS R6".  They are all the same units.  Only difference is they keypad and headphones plugged in, and the software isn't actually aware that they are in fact plugged in.

As to whether it behaves the same on NT as on CE, I have no idea, but I would suspect the answer is yes.  Please try to get yourself an R6 as soon as one becomes available.  You are important to the testing effort.  In the mean time, some one in support will need to be assigned to test your database for you.
If there is one VIBS out of 4 or 5 R6s in a voting location and the voter puts a VIBS card into a non VIBS R6 will that R6 have to be re-booted?

Again, there is no such thing as a non-VIBS R6.

Thank you, did not know.

Ken

gen buena vista 11-2001.gbf