Unable to change R6 version

I attempted to upgrade an R6 running Pre-Release 4.1.1.1 to 4.1.7  Inserted the 4.1.7 pcmcia card and turned it on.  After booting and trying to install the following message appeared

The cluster chain for 01985477-2-14-1-0 refers to a cluster that is being used by another file.  The system is unable to repair this error.  Select OK to  continue checking for errors on this volume or Cancel to stop.  Touched OK then;

The directory entry for election.adt specifies an incorrect file size.  Do you want this automatically repaired now?  Touched OK then the same question but referring to election.brs.

Called Jeff Hallmark who stepped me through when after I was able to get to My Computer on the desktop.  Found a Ballotstation file with 22 sets of numbers and a file "Current Election".   Deleted the 22 sets of numbers and re-booted without the previous errors.  I then inserted the 4.1.7 PCMCIA card and the installation was successful.

Steve Ricke suggested the previous demo elections in Archive in Supervisor Functions should have been purged.

Greg Forsythe
Diebold Election Systems
(416) 446-1383 office   (416) 446-1425 fax
(416) 464-3736 cell
www.dieboldes.com