pollbook (creating Voter access cards ) not accessible in BS 4.1.7 from TS unit in Election mode

This was (unfortunately) discovered during the March primary - we had lost our Spyrus and our backup and went to take a TS unit down in the field to create voter cards.

The new software allows access to create voter cards only in pre election mode which means wiping out (ending the election)  the totals on that unit - which is not an option.

After Discussion with Tab about what to do we have some options and I would appreciate feedback :