RE: Spyrus units going down -March 2002

Unless I am misinterpreting, it looks like 50199, 50204, 50170, 50171 are working.  In McKinney, assign someone to test a few of them for a few hours and see if they keep working.

I would like you to try in 50198 the new batteries you put in 50199.  If it comes up, put back in the old batteries and see if you get squares again.

Does 50168 go into “calculator” mode if you press the calc/off button after it has been sitting idle for 10 minutes?  If not, try new batteries.  If 50168 still won’t come up with new batteries, try manhandling it a little and see if that helps.  If not, its probably worth sending it to Spyrus to see what they think.

50172’s problems can be explained.

Send to Vancouver unharmed:

50195:  turns on but not off is interesting

50314:  squares mode of failure

50200:  won’t power on mode of failure.  please try to turn it on a few more times before sending in case its like 50204

50158:  sounds like it works but was never loaded

50204:  working sorta, but maybe I get to watch it fail again

Educated guesses now that I am armed with the new data points:  50314 will respond the same as 50199 when given new juice.  50158 will load/work fine given a manager card.  50195/50200 could have bad keypads is my best idea.