From: owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: March 21, 2002 1:33 PM
To: bugtrack@dieboldes.com
Subject: RE: Spyrus units going down -March 2002

From: owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-bugtrack@dieboldes.com] On Behalf Of Ian S. Piper
Sent:
Thursday, March 21, 2002 10:51 AM
To: bugtrack@dieboldes.com

This morning, I tried the same 50199 procedure to 50198, and the unit now works. It displays [Card Manager  \n  1.1.2], [29  NOP \n  1:  10].  Maybe there is something to this séance stuff, after all.

Indeed, I am becoming convinced of this myself.  Just in case, I will also have Steve Knecht forward his rubber chicken and thoughts on central count ballot curvature.

Please contact Spyrus and see if there is anything to this “10 minute battery out”.  If we still have a unit in the squares mode of failure (even one that was slated for me) and it also does not respond to the calc button, send it to Spyrus along with the unit that won’t start at all.  I don’t remember the tech contacts but they were pretty friendly.  The “off/calc” button is totally controlled by Spyrus (or put another way, out of my control).  If you can show them the squares mode, and the condition can be fixed reliably by 10 minutes with the battery out but not 15 seconds with the battery out, maybe they will lend a hand.  I don’t think they won’t be impressed with the “card/on” button failing, since they can chalk that up to a problem with our code.

Ken