Re: ballot with races report

Here is the response from Tab.  I have fix the part that shows all the ballots, but what we actually need are those generated.  The fix will be in future release of GEMS.

Whitman

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 14:06
Subject: Re: ballot with races report

----- Original Message -----
To: devel
Sent: Tuesday, May 14, 2002 2:48 PM
Subject: Fw: ballot with races report

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tari Runyan" <tarir@dieboldes.com>
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 17:28

jrodewald@co.slo.ca.us>
trglobal@earthlink.net>
> Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 5:39 PM
> Subject: ballot with races report
>

> > Tari- I am working on documentation for my staff to assist with proofing
> > and I think there is a problem with the Ballots with Races report.     The
> > ballot and style are the same number but shouldn't they agree with the
> > numbers on the ballot styles with ballots report, i..e  ballot style 1=
> > ballot 122.    There is no ballot 1 in the system (because of rotations).

The "Ballots With Races" is now fixed.  It wasn't checking the (Baseunit.Status == 1) condition.

> > In addition- the rotations are not correct.     If there are two
> candidates
> > - it is rotation 0 and 1.     This report shows rotations 1 when it should
> > be 0 and 2 when it should be 1.    Also- we have 7 candidates in our judge
> > of superior court race but only 5 rotations 0-4.    For judge it is
> > indicating rotation 7 - which does not exist.      Am I reading this
> report
> > wrong or is it buggy?     Thanks Julie- let me know if I need to send a
> > copy of our database.      Julie
For race "JUDGE OF THE SUPERIOR COURT" from the attached database, Race.NumRotation reads 7, as what is on the "Ballots With Races" report.  But CardRotRaceRot.RaceRot gives 0-4 which Julie claims that it should be 5.

Am I missing something?  Which one is right?
They are both right,  The number of actual rotations is 5 since the race rotates by "Supervisor Districts" of which there are five.  The rotations are 0, 1, 2, 3, and 4.

Tab

Whitman