RE: GEMS Connect to Data Base security crack

Yep.  And if you throw your server in a swimming pool, you loose all files too.  Oooooooo -- Scary stuff kiddies1.

This bug only makes sense in the context of Texas certification, as Jeff pointed out.  The whole requirement is stupid beyond redemption.  A user can put a DOS floppy in the drive and fdisk the hard drive.  Is that a security breach too?

Whitman, I think there might be some flags in the file open dialog to prevent delete and change directory.  Please look into this, and then set those flags if the Texas log printer entry is not null.

Ken

1Count Floyd was great