Absentees in polls without Absentee Card

RCR posted on behalf of Berry Herron.

Minnesota would like to count absentee ballots in the polls throughout the day, as opposed to saving them up until polls close, feeding an absentee ender card, and then feeding them.

This feature is planned for the next major release of the AccuVote, 2.0.  It will also include the ability to count more than two (or just one) counter group.  Currently, the 1.94 AccuVote has exactly two hard-coded counter groups (absentee and polling).

We expect to have a first release ready this spring.  We will firm up this date in the comming weeks as work progresses.

Ken Clark