RE: Precincts Reporting on J-Result Client

> Is it possible to have "Precincts Reporting" on the Election
> Results display
> screen changed to something customized for local situations.

Hmmm.  Good question.

The way we store the localization for the GEMS summary report is not
compatible with JResultClient.  This is because GEMS is written as a NT
specific app, while JResultClient is supposed to run on anything that runs
Java (like Macs).  Also, JResultClient could potentially have wide
distribution (ie people in their homes on the Internet), so it needs to be
generic.  Distributing localization with JResultClient would add complexity.
We could download the localization as part of the server protocol, but a
change like that is non-trivial.

I will put this request on the "Open" pile for now.  If one of your
customers would like to finance the change, we can escalate the priority of
course.  Let us know what the market will bear for this feature.

One simple solution would be to change the terminology to something everyone
can agree on.  Perhaps "number returned" or something like that.  I suspect
it will be hard to achieve such an agreement though.

Ken