Michigan Certification Requirement

To pass Michigan certification on the Accu-vote-TS, the following must be done.
Michigan allows write-in candidates.  They also require their poll workers to count and resolve all issues at the precinct before the results can be sent in to central headquarters.  This also means counting of all write-ins.  In a race for more than one, our current system does not flag or keep a voter from voting a write-in name more than once.  Bob U. said that a touchscreen system that is certified in Michigan is tying the write-ins with each ballot, so when printing out results, they the poll workers can identify if a voter voted the same name more than once in a write-in position in that race.  So in the reporting feature, when printing results on the Accu-vote-TS, we need to attach a ballot number to the write-in names.  If you have any questions on this please call me or Bob U..