From: Ken Clark <ken@dieboldes.com>
To: rcr <rcr@dieboldes.com>
Date: Monday, September 27, 1999 1:53 PM
Subject: RE: default font in Gems

Can the default font in Gems for all text (candidates, races, headers, endorsements) be set to Arial and Bold instead of Arial Narrow -  No client I know of uses Arieal Narrow so we always have to change it .
Thank you
Tari

I am of two minds on this.   I think using Arial Narrow has sometimes caused grief when generating postscript for some print shops.  It is not a standard font.  For this reason alone changing it to the standard Arial is probably a good idea.

It is a really great font to use for candidate names though.  You get away without wrapped candidate text a lot more with this font.  Changing to narrow after you discover you have one annoying candidate name is a big pain with GEMS also.

I'll change it if there are no objections, but then people using 4 column artwork should be made aware of the change.  Be prepared to change it back to narrow to handle names that encode a candidate's entire family history.

Ken