Re: 1.94w Roms - Regional Upload

I think that a 30 second timeout can work.  For regional
uploads, if they want to keep the line open, remove the
memory card within 30 seconds of a successful upload.  At
that point they have taken responsibility for releasing the
line by pressing the NO button or turning the Accu-Vote off.

Having GEMS timeout the connection after 30 seconds may be
okay for now but the regional upload site may have good
reason to want to hold the line open longer than that.  I
can put the timeout in future firmware releases to give them
back this control.  I know you hate this Ken but could we
make this timeout on GEMS configurable?

Steve, we considered using an Accu-Vote setup option but
this has other problems.  Ideally we would save setup
options in non-volatile memory in the Accu-Vote (like a PC)
so that you could set up a unit in a particular way and
track it accordingly.  However the AV has no non-volatile
memory so we end up saving the setup options on the memory
card.  You can override the settings on an Accu-Vote without
saving them but they are lost when the Accu-Vote is turned
off.  This makes it difficult to have the regional upload
AVs behave differently than the polling site AVs.

           Guy