RE: AVTS - PA Certification - Straight Party Voting

According to Bob Diekman, after talking with the people in PA, here is their response.  Straight Party Cross-over:  When a voter touches the Straight Party option, all of the candidates in that party light up.  If the voter then decides to cross-over in an individual race, the first touch in that race will light up the candidate touched and erase all other votes in that race.  So, if a voter touches a candidate that is already voted, that candidate will stay lighted.  In the case of a vote for more than one, that candidate will stay lighted and the rest of the candidates votes will be erased, leaving you to vote in the rest of the candidates for that race.

Jeff Hintz

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2000 12:26 AM
To: rcr@dieboldes.com
Subject: RE: AVTS - PA Certification - Straight Party Voting

Straight party race:  democrat and republican.

Dog Catcher race, vote for three.  Two republicans:  bob and sue.  Three democrats:  john, dave, and bill.  One independent:  jane.

The logic for this is really nasty.  I need clarification on another scenario.  Same races as above.

Voter votes for republican straight party.  This selects bob and sue for dog catcher.  Next they click on sue.  I assume that deselects sue's vote.  Finally the voter clicks on the republican straight party candidate again.  I assume that deselects republican.  What happens to the dog catcher race?

Ken