Re: reject writeins using feeders

Maybe phone numbers in the Vote Centre editor  to down load to the Mem Card???????
----- Original Message -----
Sent: September 8, 2000 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: reject writeins using feeders

Tari Runyan wrote:
would like to have the AccuVotes using feeders reject/stop on the write-insdoes not currently with the sort write-ins checked using 1.94w roms

  This was added in release 1.94p (1997-7-29 alias 1.94f<) and removed in subsequent releases because users complained that it killed throughput and that they would rather pre-sort the ballots. Obviously we can't please everybody with a simple on-off solution.  What I propose is a setup mode option to enable sorting with the feeder.  This can be saved on the memory card so that it need not be reset every time the AV is powered on.  Comments?

  Since 1.94y has been released, this would be 1.94z unless we made this a 1.95-only feature.  Remember that 1.95 is only supported by GEMS (not VTS) and is essentially 1.94 with some extra data stored on the memory cards which makes them incompatible with 1.94 memory cards.  Your call Tari.

          Guy