Sent: Friday, September 08, 2000 1:48 PM
Subject: Re: reject writeins using feeders

Tari Runyan wrote:
can you not just add it back into the 1.94w roms ?  or change the f< to accept the races with no candidates?

  We can't just add the feeder sort back in for the next release or we'll repeat history.  Last time there were loud protests and there was no one speaking up to keep it in.  And I expect that doing a custom release based on f< would require a lot more than just accepting races with no candidates.  Also we need very strong justification for any custom release.

  So if you don't like the setup option, please propose some other method of keeping the peace.

  And please let's here from Steve Knecht on this one.  Aye Steve?

             Guy