Re: VIBS Write-in

I believe we are saying skip steps 5 & 6.  Step 4 repeats the voter selection after they have hit the number key.  That seems sufficient to Debra and I.  We don't need to hear the title in step 5 and the voter choice yet again.
----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Clark
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 1:19 PM
Subject: RE: VIBS Write-in

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Steve Knecht
Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 2:45 AM

I believe this appears intentional versus a bug, but makes VIBS very laborious to use.  Hopefully easy to fix.

I assume design was like this.  The ballots are taking about 30 minutes to vote without waiting for the re-read.  We are asking that the voters choice be confirmed with audio by just stating the name of the candidate or YES/NO with the 9 key indicating they want to go tot the next race.  DO NOT REPEAT either Candidate or Measure Office TITLEs (which includes measure text in measures).

If I understand you correctly, you are saying "don't do step 6".  This is independent of VIBS write-in operation.

It sounds like what you are really talking about here is long measure text.  Repeating "for president vote for one" is not going to cut into your half hour.  In a perfect world maybe just the measure "title" would be repeated.  That said, it is relatively difficult for VIBS to differentiate between the two, so unless there is dissent we'll just skip step 6 altogether.  Easy enough;  consider it done.

Ken