From: Ken Clark
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2000 8:52 AM
Subject: RE: Dynabec requests

Sorry;  I was meaning to respond to this.

(1) is done AFAIK.

(2) will be part of the rewrite eventually.  Basically that means supporting Accu-Basic on the AVTS.  Not part of the initial release, but some time next year hopefully.

(3) probably wouldn't be too hard to code up, but this is definitely something we need a line-item charge for.

(4) is a tough one.  I assume they are talking about "administrator" operational instructions here.  User (ie voter) text is all customizable through TSText.  We'll have to make i18n part of the rewrite if we think we are going to sell a lot of these things overseas.  Let devel know the sales projections for AVTS where the poll workers will be non-English, and we'll set the priority in the rewrite accordingly.

We can in theory hack (2) and (4) into the existing AVTS using less general techniques (fork a special French release) but that'd be expensive for Dynabec.

Note:  If we go forward with any special projects under contract for Dynabec, these will have to be resubmitted with each project title.  "Dynabec requests" is not an RCR, and the outstanding 3 items will not be coded in concert.

Ken