RE: AVTS - Wrapping of text to next column.

This is complete and will be in AVTS 3.13.6.  Jeff, I will email you a prerelease.

For everyone not trying to impress potential customers with this feature, I recommend sticking to the SOP of setting the number of columns to 1 when you have long text.  The IMARK code still makes deep rooted assumptions about the height of a line, which is fundamentally incorrect for rich text.  I bet it still gets some cases wrong, although I haven't come across any in my limited testing.  That is, Mahoning works.

I notice while playing around that the line break tends to go where you least want it (like splitting a subsection title).  You can work around that by adding some judicious white space in the text in GEMS, but that messes up your paper ballots.  Suggestions on how we should handle that in the rewrite are welcome (especially from Frank).

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Jeff Hintz
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2000 2:23 PM
To: rcr@dieboldes.com
Subject: RE: AVTS - Wrapping of text to next column.

Cool!!!!   Thanks.
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Ken Clark
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2000 1:25 PM
To: rcr@dieboldes.com

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Jeff Hintz
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 10:26 AM

Can we get the AVTS software to be able to wrap a race if it does not fit into 1 column

We can do just about anything.
 , like it did in the old I-Mark software.

Had the old I-Mark software been able to wrap rich text, we would not be having this conversation...

I'll post when its complete -- hopefully by Fridaty, early next week latest.

Ken