RE: Pollbook Function

No, you do not have to do it 27 times.  Only the number of Vote Centers that you have defined.  In the case of Piedmont, that would be 8.  It only took me about 5 minutes to load up all 28 disks.
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Steve Knecht
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 6:31 PM
To: rcr@dieboldes.com
Subject: Pollbook Function

Presently, using Spyrus cards in precincts in Alameda, the Registrar has determined that the pollbook function is too complicated for the pollworkers.  Therefore, we are going to bring all diskettes to central site.  This means that for each polling location you have to exit the pollbook operation, re-log in, and reload the next diskettes.  For Oakland election that means logging out of pollbook 27 times and relogging in using Mgr card/1111 login 27 times.  In Nov. election it means doing this 400 times.  In March 2002, it means 1100 times (although I'm assuming there will be some simple way to accumulate in the precincts by then).  Can pollbook be changes so you don't need to exit and re-log in each time a vote center changes in a polling environment?

Steve Knecht
Global Election Systems
415-893-9941 office   415-893-9951 fax
415-225-6591 cell       800-508-5710 pager