RE: Card Manager 0.2.4

If the user inserts the card, why does it matter whether it's blank or not?  In other words, why tell them that the card is being cleared?  Just clear it.
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Steve Knecht
Sent: Monday, February 26, 2001 10:29 PM
To: rcr@dieboldes.com
Subject: Re: Card Manager 0.2.4

A few thoughts.

1, We will not be using the "cards created" counter as a public display for anything official because it is so easy to toggle and increment the counter.

2. On the other hand, if you don't get the "clear" what happens if you get a card that you think is cleared or blank, but it is not - then you'd want to clear it.  When you load it in, you want to be able to clear it to make sure its blank, so you do need a clear function.  On the other hand, if we did use the Clear button, then if a card had data on it, we could clear it with clear button, and then display a "card created" message upon creating it with the "enter" key.  This is not RCR, just discussion at this point.