Re: AVTS - Install - System total set back to zero

I'll fix the installpack so it won't overwrite the system total value.

Dmitry
----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff Hintz
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 4:06 PM
Subject: AVTS - Install - System total set back to zero

Date Requested:    March 29, 2001
Requested By:       All customers using AVTS units
Date Needed:        Could it be included in the next AVTS-IS release.

The ability to do a new AVTS install on a AVTS unit that has already been voted on out in the field, and not set the System Total back to Zero.  Currently, when you do a new install of the AVTS software, it will set the registry item ProtCounter back to Zero.  If we go out to a customer site, and upgrade their AVTS units, that have already been voted on, in previous elections; by doing a new install we then set the System Total back to Zero, and the customer has no idea how much each system has been voted on for maintenance purposes, or any other statistics they use it for.  Would it be possible to not write over the ProtCounter registry item, if it is already written on the system?

Jeff Hintz
Global Election Systems