Re: Va request to list write ins by ballot serial number on tape- BS4.07

it does and thanks - I will try some other options -
Tari
----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff Hintz
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 2:51 PM
Subject: RE: Va request to list write ins by ballot serial number on tape- BS4.07

When I print the report with the Long Report box checked and the Include Write-In Names box checked I get the following:

JOHNSON COUNTY COMMUNITY
COLLEGE TRUSTEES
RACE # 10
# Running                      7
# To Vote For               3

# Times Counted         2
# Times Blank Voted   0
# Times Over Voted    0
# Number Undervotes 0

JOHN BROWN            0
DON HICKEY               0
VIRGINIA KREBS        0

# Write Ins                     4
Write In Candidates
Ballot     Candidate
 27848    Jeff Hintz
619324  John Doe
 27848   Jeff Hintz
 27848   Jeff Hintz

As you can see from the example above.  The write-in names are listed with the correspondng race, so you can see the candidates that are running for that race along with the write-in names.  If you select the Long Report check box you will also be able to see the number to vote for.

You may also notice, as in your example, that the first Jeff Hintz is not with the other 2 Jeff Hintz, this is because  there is a space before the first Jeff Hintz, which makes it different than the other 2 Jeff Hintz.  I am not sure if R&D can do some type of check for consistent names, however, how would you determine if I put in Bob Dole, Robert Dole, and Rob Dole for the Write-In within a vote for 3???  This is something that will have to be done manually after the election is over, just as if  you were using a paper ballot.  We are able to give some reports from GEMS that helps that manual process, but that is about it.

I hope this helps make it a little more clear.