RE: Audit Log entry on memory or Flash card full

If the PCMCIA card is full, then how do you write an audit log entry?  I mean, there isn't any room left, right?

Okay, so I am playing with ya.  We reject the voter card when there is less than 10k left on the memory card.  Right now we do not log voter card rejects, but Wyle will probably notice that one day and ask for that too.  We will log rejects in the next release, as well as the reject reason.  One of the reasons will be memory card full.

Of course, if the PCMCIA card really does get full -- say a user sits all day and inserts a card into an already full system -- then we are SOL.

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Larry Dix
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2001 8:52 AM
To: Rcr@Gesn. Com
Subject: Audit Log entry on memory or Flash card full

Make an entry to the audit log when memory or PCMCIA card is full.  This was a requirement that we demonstrated at Wyle.  They accepted the fact that we post an error message to the screen, but requested in future versions that an entry be made to the audit log.

Larry J. Dix

Vice President of Operations

Global Election Systems