audible notice of casting a vote

Here are the apparent specifics:

AccuVote voting system is capable of meeting the following criteria on or
before November 23, 20001:

Provide a screen, hood, or curtain that is so made and can be so adjusted as
to conceal the voter while voting.

Provide a visual and audible signals to the poll worker that the voting
machine is in a voter active position and that the voters cast their vote.
The audible sound should be able to be heard from twenty feet.  The visual
display shall be well illuminated and easily readable.

Have an adjustable volume control such that the bell, gong or noise making
device signaling the casting of a vote is audible to the voter.

Ken

For the audible signal to the pollworker:

I think for demo purposes we should keep it simple and show that we can
adjust the touch screen to make a sound when a vote is cast, and not make a
sound when each time the screen is touched.  Could we control the sound to
turn it on or off when making selections on the ballot?