Re: message that tells you all TS units in a precinct are/are not loaded

Tari, the message 1 of 5 would be great. But waiting until all 5 are loaded until the transfer button is available won't work.  It was common in Alameda to create MORE diskettes (or PCMCIA cards) than they ever used.  For example, they may have created 8 cards, but if voting was not heavy, they only set up 5 machines, never running the rest.  This was done at all of the voter centers.  Whether it was a good idea or not is another issue.  But they felt better knowing they could add units as needed.
Just a comment.
----- Original Message -----
To: rcr
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2002 12:32 PM
Subject: message that tells you all TS units in a precinct are/are not loaded

When you have a Precinct/Vote center that has say 5 TS units in one location and you use one of them as the Accumulator -  we need a message that tells the pollworker that say 1 of 5 machines loaded - 2 of 5 etc until all 5 are loaded.  Then and only then will the transfer results button become accessible and the modem call/direct upload be allowed.

Conversely , we need a message that alerts the pollworker if they DO NOT load all the TS units for a particular vote center and warns them that their upload will not be complete - or something similar and ask them if they are sure they wish to upload 4 of 5 or whatever they have.

On the Gems side - each machine gets a green arrow as it uploads so we can tell who has not uploaded - but in the field we need some type of message display that lets them know it is incomplete.

I hope this is understandable - if not I can try to clarify.

Thanks
Tari