VIBS write-in end game (was RE: Add separate initial instruction text file to VIBS )

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com]On Behalf Of Mark S Earley
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2002 9:32 AM

(If this needs to have its own subject, that is fine. At this point I do not know.)

I've changed the topic as this is getting pretty out of hand.  You actually had a thread opened on this topic "Write-In VIBS with the # key and ERROR Exception".
Pressing 0 initiates:

You have chosen to vote for write-in candidate D A V E space S M I T H.

To confirm, press 5.
This will cause confusion later when the 5 key is used to cancel the vote for write-in candidate. Make this be a 0 key press if at all possible.
To continue entering write-in candidate, press 1.

Can't argue with that.  Unfortunately, by using 0, you'll have the opposite problem.  People will accidentally press 0 twice and accept their write-in before they are finished.

What I propose is to change VIBS_WI_Confirm.wav to match VIBS_CastConfirm.wav.  That is, use the 9 key to confirm the write-in, and 4 to go back.
To cancel your write-in vote, press 0.
 Make this be a 5 key press, like the upcoming choice if at all possible.

This makes sense too.  Certainly using 5 makes more sense than 0, and is in line with the use of 5 to cancel the voted candidate.

The only fun part here is going to be compatibility.  Both TSText and BS need to change in sync, since the key behavior and the script have both changed.  We'll get you a pre-release to play with today.

Ken