Re: Support for new Card Readers

I don't know how to answer #1.
I have no accounts right now requiring new readers for questions 2-4.
----- Original Message -----
To: rcr
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 12:36 PM
Subject: Support for new Card Readers

Posted on behalf of Ian Piper.

The current AMC 152 desktop card reader is no longer available. Two readers have been proposed as replacements.

    The ACS30 for about $49 and the ST100 for about $98.  The ACS30 reader is a small compact reader but draws it's power from a PS2 port on the host computer (therefore it has two connectors to plug in, the serial connector and the PS2 connector).

    I have tested the ACS30 reader and can get our software to support it.

    What I need to know is:

    1) Is the ACS30 an acceptable reader?
    2) What accounts need this?
    3) When do they need this by?
    4) What software will they be using (BallotStation NT, or VCProgrammer) that needs the new reader to create voter cards?

Tab