Report Turnout Percentages in 2 Ballot Election

We have received the following request from Pima County, Arizona.  They have
had to go to a second ballot card because of second language requirements.
Fresno may have the same problem shortly.

"Pima County Elections need the ability to produce 2 ballot elections.  In
the 2000 General we had a small 2 ballot election.  The ballots counted
correctly, but the percentages in the reports showed over 100%.  We need to
be able to report the results as one ballot cast per voter not two ballots
cast per voter.  Dividing the results in half won't work because not all
voters cast the 2 ballots.  I am not looking forward to a county wide 2
ballot election, but the way things are going it is inevitable."

Thank you,
Bryan Crane

The multiple ballot vendors (Sequoia-Pacific) solved this problem years ago
by designating their first ballot card as the "A" card and calculating the
turn out percentages from the ballots cast of the "A" card.  This solution
would be acceptable to Pima.