RE: Smartcard ATR String in Votercard.dll

From: owner-rcr@dieboldes.com [mailto:owner-rcr@dieboldes.com] On Behalf Of Ian S. Piper
Sent:
Thursday, March 14, 2002 3:58 PM
To: Request for Change Report (E-mail)
Subject: Smartcard ATR String in Votercard.dll

I'd like to request a new votercard.dll file for the 3.x Ballot Station

Software to include a new ATR String on the latest version of the 4KB

smartcards coming out of our vendor.

Can you please send a few of these cards up to Vancouver for us to play with.

This votercard.dll file is required to update the CPM (Card Production

Manager) Software which we use to produce Manager Cards.  Although the CPM

is a version 2.x software, the votercard.dll for 3.x is compatible.

I will send you a coveted Spyrus application to create manager cards.  Put CPM on the ice flow.

This is

required by March 22nd, 2002 as, by that time, we will exhaust our supply of

4KB cards with the previous ATR string that currently works with the CPM.

If its just the ATR string, you can have the new dll and Spyrus the same day I get the cards.

If you'd like the details on the chain of events that lead to this, let me

know and I'll provide them sometime next week.

Not especially.

Ken