Mirror Image MDB linked to GEMS MDB

Jurisdiction:          San Juan, Puerto Rico

Date Requested:    April 3,  2002

Date Required:       May 1, 2002, Actual Election date is June 30th, but need to test and have ready by May 20th.

Puerto Rico needs a mirrored MBD file system that linked to the protected GEMS MDB file. This MDB must be resident on are GEMS server and it must be open and accessible by their MIS dept.  The intent is to have them integrate our results to their existing IBM main frame and their existing reporting application software.  This is required instead of export of results that we normally do since they have developed their own jresults type application were it needs to be a live presentation to the press and to the public.  At the same time they hang terminals off their mainframe to allow TV, Radio, and Print media to produce their own reports live off the main frame.  The actual layout and structure of this mirror MBD is needed ASAP since their MIS needs it to develop the access routine to interface to said MDB.

Juan A. Rivera

Diebold Election Systems

(214) 335-3478

jrglobal@earthlink.net