RCR a "placeholder" for candidates with no designation

Submitted:     4/24/02  Tari Runyan

requested by :   Santa Barbara
                        San Luis Obispo

required by:     Sept 1, 2002

I will give you the exact request as they gave it to me and if you need clarification I will do my best:

Julie (San Luis Obispo) and I (Suzanne Post) were wondering if there would be some way of your programmers
creating what would equate to a "place holder" for
those candidates with no designation. It always
seems to create a problem for a number of counties
when there is no designation. Even when the space
is removed the name sometimes looks a slight bit
larger. If they could come up with something like
a place holder that would not appear when printed
but would take the same space as the designation
it would sure make it a lot easier for all of us
when the situation of no designation occurs as it
often does.