RE: file

IMO as a basic election procedure, the TV news secretary or the Mayor's secretary should not be dealing with "locale.ini" but only the finished version supplied well in advance. :-)
By "finished version" assume you mean we create locale-specific versions for every installation?  I think not.  Dealing with the ROMs that way has been bad enough.  Try ordering1.94v-French from Ricke today and watch the flury of activity.

IMNSHO, it should be simple enough that installation consists of a user clicking "Get Election Results" on a Web page.  It should not require anything be installed (or supported) "well in advance" other than a Java-enabled web browser.  There are a number of ways this could be done.  A local.ini file is not one of them, however, since last time I checked Applets cannot open files.

Ken