Error at Gems startup

I am getting the following message after you type in your password "1111".
You see tour main GEMS screen appear then a small window opens up with the
following message.

Dr. Watson for Windows NT

An application error has occurred and an application error log is being
generated.

GEMS.exe
Exception: Access violation [0xc0000005], Address: 0x77f674cb

Then after a few second this and Gems windows closes back to Windows NT
desktop.

This happens with 1-7-2 and also 1-7-5, I do not feel it is a
GEMS problem.  It feels like a NT problem.

Any insight or help will be appreciated.