RE: GEMS recount

It used to be that the AccuVote did not like cards with no races on it (as is the case when the recount race is not on a card of a vote center).  Download would give an out of sync message I believe.

Hmm, I just thought about this some more.  If the above is the case, were we ever able to recount vote centers with split precincts, where the recount race was in only one of the splits?  If so, how?  If not, then the doc should just be changed to reflect the alternate proceedure outlined in my last mail.

Ken