Getting up to speed with AVTS-3-5-1 and GEMS-1-10-2

GEMS-1-10-2
AVTS-3-5-1

I have an Accu-Vote-TS Electronic Precinct System 2000 touchscreen with
modem, serial number 12365, that I would like to bring up to the current
level of software.  I believe TS 3.5.1 is the latest version.

I have absolutely no idea how to do this.

I loaded TSText-1-9-6 to see what was in there and how it affected
GEMS-1-9-6.  That did not tell me very much.  In GEMS the Vote Centre has a
choice to use either Accu-Vote or AccuTouch but not much more.

I would appreciate a list of materials required and a procedure to bring
this TS up to GEMS-1-10-2 and
AVTS-3-5-1 so that I may usefully demonstrate and sell this product.