From: Ken Clark
To: support
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 1999 12:10 PM
Subject: RE: El Paso Co Test election

Normally details about individual elections aren't posted to the support list;  the list would get pretty busy come election time otherwise.  However, in the case of this summer's AccuVote-TS elections, it is probably a good idea to do what Tari is doing here.  Posting AccuVote-TS election details to the support list will help us prioritize feature implementation.  In the worst case you will at least know when features will not be ready in time (for example, Challenged ballots for the upcoming City of Allen election).
 To followup:
Timeline has changed -
election is now sst for July 22  -
Hmmm.  I liked August better.  :-)
Gems Training and ballot layout to printer June 30 with write-ins
Make sure to review the "missing features" section of GEMS 1.9.6 announcement.  Write-ins are not fully implemented on the AccuVote-TS yet.  We can count write-ins, but we have no way of reporting what the voters type in as their write-in candidates.  This feature is a high priority though, and should be ready in time for the July 22 deadline (although I would expect some late upgrades).

If there are any other features that are missing but required for this test election, be sure to follow up.
more details will be available as they are scheduled.
Thanks
Tari
Please post the mundane election stats.  How many races, cards, report precincts, languages, vote centers, and AccuVote-TS units?

Ken